Wednesday, November 14, 2012

What are you afraid of?


What a statement that is... " EVERYTHING you want is on the other side of fear."

It's the truest statement I have heard in a long time... They say 20 seconds is all you have to make a courageous move. When you get the courage to do something the more you think about it, the more time passes, the more time fear has to set in place and hinder your wants and desires from ever coming to fruition. 

I will say I have 2 fears. It has been with countless hours of thinking, meditating, pondering and thinking again that this is what I know!!! 

I fear the unknown. Not like scary movie unknown, like locking the doors at night and things jumping out of the bushes or around corners. I don't fear that unknown. There are so many things I have wanted to experience and missed the opportunity because someone said NO or don't do it or that's a stupid idea or you are stupid for thinking of that. I chose to listen to others. Even though it was a true hearts desire. So I have learned that overcoming that fear comes with much joy and maybe some heartache on the other side. It is OK. I know the advice of others is them just sharing their best interest in my life. Maybe? I don't want to control the things you do in your life and I certainly don't want you to control mine. I have a journey to walk just like you do! Sometimes walking to the other side of the fear is the most enlightening part of the journey, when you are walking with eyes wide open.

We tend to put so many expectations on ourselves! 
How life is supposed to be. 
What society says life should be.
Media is such a driving force of what IS, but really isn't. 
When I got married the second time... The counselor/pastor asked my husband and I what each of our expectations were going into marriage... My husband to be had none. It was noble, thinking if he had expectations and they were never met he would be disappointed. I had plenty of expectations but mostly that  I wanted to KNOW that this was the best decision to make for my life and my children. Nobody can tell you that for certain. It looks like everything is right when all of it was wrong. You are blinded in ways I will never understand but I know that without those years I would not be who I am today. So even though my worst fear was the unknown at the time... I still took a leap of faith and got married. I put my everything into it and in the end, I failed. 

So here I am sitting in the unknown again, walking thru it and actually embracing it. Will there be someone special for me in the future... I have no clue and it is okay, beautiful actually. I am blessed everyday to meet new people and share my heart.

Which leads me to my second fear...

I fear rejection. There are so many reasons why rejection is an ever revolving fear in my life until someone told me today, "we are all rejected". We are? The worst feeling about rejection is feeling alone. So if we are all rejected then I am not the only one. So what if someone does not like me, appreciate me or want to be a part of my life. What if I do it wrong or fail? Everyday life is full of choices and we can't please everyone. Someone somewhere is dealing with the same thing and it's okay!

So I am renewed today at the thought that on the other side of fear is EVERYTHING I want so I am throwing fear to the winds and I will keep moving forward.



This song has spoke to my soul lately... In some ways it reminds me of my grandfather who is soaring with the angels today! He always told me to apologize even if you did not feel like you were wrong because staying angry, sad or broken wasn't worth it. It is easy to blame others. It is easy to become the victim. Fear leaves you frozen in time which means you can't move forward to the other side. We all have something going on in our life. Be mindful of that fact. You may think someones ugly behavior is directed at you but they are dealing with something you could not even begin to comprehend! I promise you that if they are angry or upset with you they will tell you. If they are happy and in love they will tell you. Everyone wears their emotions on their sleeve. The future is unknown, but if you don't take a chance you may never know where it will lead and you won't end up where you are supposed to be. If you are rejected along the way look at it as a time to stop and rethink the situation, regroup and adjust your direction. Sometimes the truth hurts and that rejection may just be an awakening to shift gears and move forward on a different path!
Just stop long enough to listen!


Click to listen to the song.... Hear You Me 

There's no one in town I know
You gave us some place to go.
I never said thank you for that.
I thought I might get one more chance.
What would you think of me now,
so lucky, so strong, so proud?
I never said thank you for that,
now I'll never have a chance.
May angels lead you in.
Hear you me my friends.
On sleepless roads the sleepless go.
May angels lead you in.
So what would you think of me now,
so lucky, so strong, so proud?
I never said thank you for that,
now I'll never have a chance.
May angels lead you in.
Hear you me my friends.
On sleepless roads the sleepless go.
May angels lead you in.
May angels lead you in.
May angels lead you in.
And if you were with me tonight,
I'd sing to you just one more time.
A song for a heart so big,
god wouldn't let it live.
May angels lead you in.
Hear you me my friends.
On sleepless roads the sleepless go.
May angels lead you in.
May angels lead you in.
Hear you me my friends.
On sleepless roads the sleepless go.
May angels lead you in.
May angels lead you in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pieces of Me

Blog Archive

Just Add Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones