Saturday, November 17, 2012

They are on their way!

Butterflies in my stomach can't even describe what I am feeling right now. I was looking thru a few of my scrapbooks to find some layouts I made a long time ago... 5 years to be exact. I don't have many pictures of my family all together. 


This is my grandparents house... I have the happiest memories in this house. If you have been in my store you know it is yellow. Look at the color of the house. Yes. It's the same yellow!


When you get married your husband and your children become your family. I chose to leave my home and begin a life here. I chose to live so very far from all I knew as family. Even though our life was not perfect, even though we had our moments, sometimes more bad then good. Family is family and in the end when all is said and done. They are all you've got! For the longest time, even after marriage I always said my family is in California and I longed to be with them but I knew that my path led me here for a reason and my boys are that reason. My marriage may have ended at just the time I was getting used to the thought that my family is here and the longing to go back to California was fading. Of course I missed my sisters, my mom, my grandmother and my nieces and nephews, but Home is here. It is where my heart is. God has a plan for us and I trust Him! Alexandria does not know it yet but she is a huge part of that plan. She will realize one day that our journey here was meant to be and have no regrets. She has met the love of her life and that is the future generation of my family. Just to know that her dreams will come true and she will know a love like no other makes it that much more worth it! 

 

This is me when I was very young!

I don't have many pictures of me when I was little but this one is very dear to my heart... On the back My mom wrote, Love means never taking your eyes off one another." I honestly do not remember this dog in our life and I am sure the story is a good one but when I read the writing on the back, it is always something that stuck with me. I don't think people understand just how amazing true love is. 




My grandma and Grandpa.

I talk about my grandparents all the time. My grandfather has been gone but not forgotten for 4 years now. My grandmother traveled with my grandfather all the time. I believe this is her maiden voyage without him! Traveling in a motor home which I don't think my grandfather would have ever done. Isn't it amazing the journey. There are 4 generations in that motor home. 


I was pregnant with Jaxon in this picture. Alex looks so different.


 This is me with all my sisters... Mom has 6 girls. I am the oldest! There are only 2 pictures in existence with all of us together. The one before this was when the twins were babies. 14 years before this one was taken! Yes my mom has twin girls. They are the youngest. only 2 years older then my daughter!


So, I moved here in October of 2000. That is 12 years ago. The last time I saw my mom was when Jaxon was 6 months old, 5 years ago. The amazing thing is my mom has never been here in the 12 years I have been here. I will show my mom New Orleans for the first time... And I guess we will visit the Cajun Pawn Stars. It is all she talks about. Insert giggles! It will be the first time any of my family has stepped foot into my store, Create 365. It will be the first Thanksgiving I have spent with my family in, well, I honestly can't even remember! So they are all on there way. Praying for safe travels and an amazing reunion. I am beyond excited. Check back for more pictures. I am taking a bunch!

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you a wonderful time with your family, Amy!!

    XXXJenneke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to an amazing reunion. Great memories in your layouts here!

    ReplyDelete

Pieces of Me

Blog Archive

Just Add Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones